A Magical, Winter, Idaho Mountain Engagement Session
What an absolute privilege to spend the afternoon with Abby and Graham! It was such a beautiful day and the perfect amount of snow was lazily falling from the sky. We must mention that it was freezing cold but these two came prepared with lots of layers and hand warmers to keep them as comfortable as possible. We think these two knocked it out of the park with the winter engagement outfits!! Seriously, look how amazing they look! Abby repurposed a summer dress under a slouchy sweater and it honestly couldn’t have been better! Here are some Winter Engagement Session Styling Tips that we gave Abby as she prepared for their winter session.
Winter Engagement Session Styling Tips
- We recommend wearing long underwear under your clothes for extra warmth. Anything to keep your core as warm as possible.
- Another big tip bring some hand warmers as well as feet warmers to help quickly warm hands and feet. Activate those babies about 30 minutes before your session start time and slip those feet warmers in your shoes and then the hand warmers in your pockets for easy access.
- Bring big coats to wear between different photo sets if the are photogenic that is best but even if they are not it’s nice to throw them on if we are walking to the location or just between photo sets.
- We highly recommend wearing snow boots with the option to change shoes after we tromp through the snow. A lot of times if we are out in the snow you will hardly even see your shoes.
- Another thing is to have fun with winter accessories! Hats, scarves, ear muffs etc… Embrace the season for what it is and have fun with layers.
- One last thing for our brides, often noses will turn red in the cold so you may think about bringing touch-up makeup for mid-way into the shoot if needed.
Abby and Graham, your engagement session made us even more excited for your April wedding! You two are an absolute joy to be around and we hope we didn’t freeze you out too much!! We hope you enjoy scrolling through your photos that look like they came straight out of a winter wonderland in a snow globe!
Laura + Rob